Changes to car parking at MSAC
Members and visitors to Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre will have access to upgraded parking facilities from March 2017.
These changes are based on our requirement to upgrade our Disabled Parking Bays to be compliant with Australian Standards.
We will also be improving the overall flow of traffic, parking and access to all areas of our venue. These improvements will be undertaken in two stages.
IMPROVEMENTS & UPGRADES STAGE ONE:
- Upgrade of Disabled Parking Bays to be compliant with Australian Standards
- We will be providing a two minute drop off zone at our Main Entrance to improve the traffic flow and safety of drop offs at roundabout
- We will be adding thirty three ½ hr free parking bays (in operation from 7am – 8pm) near the main entrance for short term visits and to provide better safety for drops off and pick up reducing the need to double park
- Relocation of the “Red Zone” bays from the street to the undercover multi-deck carpark for convenient and direct member access to the gym and aquatic facilities.
- Relocation of Loading Zone & Contractor parking to the rear of MSAC
Works will commence on Sunday 26 February 2017 with minimal interruptions to member and visitor access.
Stage two upgrades will be communicated on the completion of Stage one.
Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre is proud to be delivering improvements to our venues to enhance the experience for our members and patrons.